This week I spent a good deal of time trying to work through outdated cucumber tutorials, the only two tutorials I found that were fairly up to date were the two screen-casts listed in the book for my EDX class (first screen-cast, second screen-cast). The other Railscast tutorial link is seriously out of date. In my previous post  I documented what needed to be updated in the Screen-cast so that the first half of Railscast #155 could be completed. I am very excited to have come to the end of the first half of CS 161.1x from EDX. Getting ready for part two. This past week I put in a solid 22.25 hours, bringing my Learning Journey total up to 183.25. I plan to break the two hundred hour mark this week. I decided to post goals up this week and discuss their progress in the upcoming blog posts.

Goals this next week
  • Watch Video Lectures for CS169.2x
  • Setup my computer to do screen-casts
  • Pair program, twice or more this week.
Longer Term Goals
  • Do a Behaviour Driven Development,(BDD) Screen-cast.
  • Build a online job application site for local business.
  • Design a tutorial building gem witha sister gem that checks whether a tutorial is still up to date, and notifies the owner of the tutorial that it needs updating.

No comments:

Post a Comment