This week I used Oracle's VM VirtualBox to run Ubuntu 12.04 on Ubuntu 12.04.  I know it seems pointless to run the same system on top of itself, but I couldn't get the Gems working right for a cloned project, outside of the virtual machine.  The difference the VM was running an image of Ubuntu that needs 240 plus updates, the image has a lot less programs installed than the base system, and last and probably most important, the image was set up by the creators of the cloned repository that was giving me grief.  Worked with Github and Heroku again this week.  The Gosu game that I mentioned last week has not been put up, but I will push the Gosu game up this week.  I spent 15 hours studying Ruby on Rails this week bring up my Learning Journey total to 134.5 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment