200 Hour Plus Mark.

So I looked at my last blog and noticed I didn't put down my last week's study hours (18.25) for a Journey total of 201.75 study hours at the end of last week!

There is something I will mention, before I go further , First I wasn't too happy with names for my goals last week, so I have renamed "One Time Goals" to be "Weekly Agenda Goals". I have also renamed "Recurring goals" to be "Weekly Basic Goals".

This week was fairly good overall, I met all of my Basic Goals.
I pair programmed with Josh this week, and I think we will go through Michael Hartl's Rail tutorial together and push it up to Git Hub as we go. I just barely exceeded my minimum study with 19 hours of study time, for a total of 220.75 hrs for my Learning Journey.
I started writing this blog on Sunday night...  ...so close enough, and I plan to share it on Twitter right after I am finished here.
However I didn't meet two of my Agenda Goals this week.  I didn't finish the screencast tutorial, but I did work on it, and I realized I need to sharpen my Ruby skills. the second is I didn't publish the screencast I didn't finish.  However on the bright side I did finish the video lectures.

After some reviewing this week I decided to change one of my Basic Goals.  I am going to increase my minimum study time goal to 21 hours. and I probably overloaded my Agenda Goals for this week, but it will mostly depend on how long it take to do the Homework.

 So here are my Agenda Goals this week in order of importance.

  • Complete Homework for class.
  • Watch lecture videos this week.
  • Create a Github Repo and push up to chapter 3 of Michael Hartl Rails Tutorial app.
  • Add Josh as admin on that repo.
  • Create a screen cast intro. It probably will be about 5 - 10 sec, and publish it on youtube or some other video hosting service.
  • Finish the second half of the Railscast #155 Cucumber Tutorial Substitutions.
So here are my updated Weekly Basic Goals.
  • Pair program at least once a week.
  • Study a minimum of 21 hours a week.
  • Publish my weekly blog by the end of Sunday. I am late this week.
  • Share it on Twitter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment